Monday, February 6, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new.

I have worn the same skin pretty much constantly for around two years.  I have matched all my prim bits to it, and due to its texture, once you had the right RGB values, it would match up with prim feet and the like in just about every light.  Hugsie, the maker of many fine prim bits, among them a very popular certain bit, wears a skin from the same shop.  Probably because she tends to show a lot of skin, both prim and layer, and she can match the two very well using that skin.  Her skin, and my old skin, are from Laqroki. 

I've tried out other skins, but matching prim and skin layer tones is tricky.  Lighting tends to effect the colors of layers and prims differently, even if they have the same texture.  One reason why I rarely wear the micro-minis that are so popular in SL.  I hate it when the crotch of my dress is a different shade than the rest.  Hoping Mesh will address that.

Anyway, I found a skin I like quite a bit.  It's very like the old one, but looks sharper.  I can even get pretty close matches with my various prim bits.  Though under certain lighting conditions my prim feet look like I waded in mud. :(

Regardless, I think I'm going with the new look.  I still look like "me, " but a less cartoony, more mature me."  Which I dig.  It is always fascinating to me to see how the shape and the skin layer effect appearance together.  So, for your comparison here are the two skins, with the same shapes, lighting, etc.

Old Me

New Me

The skin is from Nvious.  If you are in the market for a reasonably priced good quality painted skin, you might want to check it out.  I will probably go try out some of the new Laqroki demos again before I make my final choice.  But I'm liking the new look so far.

Here's to hoping you are enjoying both your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment