Sunday, February 12, 2012

Changes Over Time

After three years in SL I think I've started to come to terms with the malleability of the environment.  Second Life changes and evolves very quickly.  A fact brought home by the recent influx of new viewers and the addition of Mesh technology.  I found a page on Linden's website that lead to museums of second life, in second life.  I visited some of those and found that SL doesn't seem to just change, it evolves.  Add to that the recent changes I've made in my appearance and an idea occurred to me.

You have probably seen the video of the guy who took pictures of himself every morning for years. It was a long slow morph with occasional jarring changes.  I thought it might be fun to do something akin to that here.

 Every day, when I log into SL, I put together a look that suits my mood.  Shoes, clothes, jewelry, hair, etc.  My shin and shape stay the same the vast majority of the time.    So my plan is to take a snapshot pretty much every day of what I've chosen to wear.  Then post those snap shots here.  At least until I get tired of doing it.

So that said.  Let me lead off with a snapshot of me in a purple sweater and jeans standing on top of 'The Man."  This structure is supposed to date all the way to the Alpha days of SL.  Making it quite probably the oldest construct in SL.


I've been in a slacks mood lately.  So the next day I wore a jacket from B@R, shirt and pants from ADN, along with shoes and jewelry from Grumble.  Shot was taken at the Lost Eden Adult Romance sim.


The next day, I was in a more down home mood.  So it's jeans, vest and shirt from SF Designs.  A hat and jewelry from Baby Monkey and sneaks from Grumble.  The shot was taken in a shallow pool at the bottom of a water fall at the Grand Canyon Sim.  Kind of a neat place to visit, but doesn't have the vastness that the real canyon has.  However, if you can't get to the real hole in the ground, or are just looking for a cool hangout with things to do like horse rides and the like, it's a worthy destination.


Should you care to visit them, you can find all of these places via in world search.  Whatever you are wearing and wherever you may be, here's to hoping both your lives are excellent ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment