Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Peek Over the Walls

Once again, I'm out shopping.  I'm checking out some new shops, and I decide to explore the area around one the shops.  Something catches my eye, looking like a spiral staircase to the stars, so I do the super hero thing and fly over to check it out.  I then used up 45 minutes of my life exploring the most gorgeous art gallery I have yet seen in SL.  And I will be going back to spend more time there.  Pictures, sculpture (both static and animated) and things made with light and shapes that could only exist in SL. 

Here's a shot of me (in a great little button up dress from SF Desgins) standing in the lobby of the Lundy Art Gallery, near some of the sculpture.  The big hoopy thingie is spinning on multiple axis and is almost hypnotizing.  I purposefully made sure that none of the pictures are visible in this shot, both to protect the artist's work and to encourage you to go check this place out and see them.  They are awesome!

But the best thing about this gallery, is that the sum is better than the parts.  Most galleries I have visited in SL, run from the utilitarian to the museum like.  Some are quite nice builds.  Like the Thai gallery I have in my picks.  But this one though was put together with a really good sense of design.  The entire build is like one big work of art you can walk through.  You can find this place at Lundy Art Gallery, Turpentine (172, 42, 30).

Once again, I urge you all to get out and look around.  Sometimes take a trip outside of clubs, shops, etc.  Teleportation is great.  I wish I could do it in RL.  But you  find some of the most unexpected and wonderful things by traveling from point A to point B by passing through the space in between.

May both your lives be awesome ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment