Monday, February 3, 2014

Under A Winter Sky

The most alive I ever feel
is when the air is cold and still.
When snow is on the ground
and I listen for a sound;
the softest sound that I know,
the sound of softly falling snow.
When all that is in my sight
is lit by eldritch fairy light.
A peace fills me to the brim
as I listen to nature's silent hymm.



It snowed where I live in RL last night and I went out and stood in the falling snow for a while.  I'm not a big fan of blizzards, ice storms or driving on slick roads with other people who deal even less well than I do with these type of conditions.  We rarely see a deep fluffy snow fall like this one and the nights when it happens have always seemed so magical to me.  This little rhyme came to mind as I stood in the strange white night.  Hope you find it amusing.  Stay warm and I hope you enjoying both your lives.

Lee Serrao

PS: Coat is from Grumble, shoes are Blackburn. The stand in for the snowy night is the open square in front of the Xcite main store.

No comments:

Post a Comment