Monday, October 27, 2014

Moding Mesh

While rigged mesh can't be re-sized or re-positioned, if the item you have is copy/mod, you can have a bit of fun tweaking it's textures!  I recently found a cute little sweater number for 1L on the marketplace.  Once I had it, I found it was copy and modifiable and I decided to make a copy and tweak its texture.  I've tinted a few mesh items to make them match my outfit a bit better, but this is the first time I've made a serious effort to re-texture some mesh.  I also added a sculptie collar I found in a web repository of free sculpt textures.  The net result is, I think, rather cute.  So, for your edification and enjoyment here I am posing in it at Pair A Dice.

How do you tint or edit mesh?  Well, you can right click on it in inventory once you are wearing it.  If, among the options you see "edit," you chose that.  Now that you have the edit dialog, you can change the tint color from white to any other other shade you can achieve with the SL build menu color picker.  Or, you can replace the texture map for the item.  Just be aware that the texture map, or template, for mesh is not the same as that used by the legacy clothing layers of SL.

No comments:

Post a Comment