Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little heads, big rivers.

As it happens my best PC is kaput currently, but I've upgraded an old box enough to run SL moderately well.  If you consider one or two crashes per visit acceptable.  Even so, and on top of being rather under the weather otherwise, I've been in SL a good bit the last few days.  While there, I decided to stop by the Amazon River (also Open Collar HQ) sim and check things out.  It seems they are ...Redecorating seems insufficiently grand.  Let's say, terraforming.  The new digs seems pretty nice, thought not yet complete.  Here is a snapshot of some rather scenic water falls.



I'm in a top by Plausible Body and thong by Anthony Art.  Frodo, the owner of Anthony Art is quite the CGI artist and not only makes clothing but some very erotic artworks featuring young men.

Speaking of men, while wandering around the place, I saw another one of those avatars that confuse me.  I went to art skool for a while.  And consequently figure drawing and proportions are almost hardwired into my brain.  So when I see someone with an avatar that looks more or less normal except for one gross aberration, I have to wonder what is going on.  According to what I was taught, a typical adult stands about 7.5 times their head tall.  For various aesthetic reasons, people often push that ratio up as high as 8.5.  But when you see someone who has an avatar with a head that is 1/10th the height of their body, you have to wonder.  Can they look at this and not know it looks odd?  Is it a subtle joke?  I don't know.  I saw this avatar and took a snapshot, with minimal foreshortening.  And you can see...He just looks peculiar.  The face is pixelated cause I don't want to embarrass or point fingers at anyone.  Does anyone find this attractive?  I mean really, if you do, please leave comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment