Sunday, March 2, 2014

Grumble's at it again.

I've posted some images of me wearing mesh gowns previously.  The gowns were nice, but didn't quite meet or surpass some of the older clothing layer and flexi gowns I have, that you can see via these links (White Green).  I've been saying the that while I think that mesh is wonderful for some things, it's not the way to make everything.  I think some designers are starting to really grok that.  Long clinging sheath style dresses in SL have always had a tendency to make you look like you have a lot of junk in the trunk.  Clothing layer skirts do not quite meet the waist of your avi, and, well, just make your butt look bigger.

But mesh has found its way into gowns.  I went to the first anniversary party at Club Stiletto last night.  And the event was "formal."  So, lots of gowns.  Some awesome old style flexies were to be seen.  But, more germane to this posting, some absolutely fabulous mesh gowns were to be seen.  Two ladies were wearing long sheath dresses with flaring hems that literally sparkled.  I don't mean the awful flashing bling of the bad old days that thankfully is rarely seen in recent times.  I mean it looked like the dresses were covered in zillions of tiny shinny beads.  I should have made a snapshot, but didn't think to.  What I did remember to take a snapshot of is the mesh sheath dress from Grumble that I was wearing.  And while not quite so spectacular as the sparkley ones, it looks great, moves well with the body, doesn't over emphasize your rump and frankly, is tre' chic!

And, while we are talking Grumble, they are having another scavenger hunt this month.  Here's the add if you'd like to know more.  It's fun to do, especially with a friend who can help you look.  And a great way to pick up lots of goodies on the cheap.  I haven't done this one yet, but I enjoyed the subway hunt in January.

http://grumblesl.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment