Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Take a walk.

Every once in a while, I just take a walk down a road in SL.  It's interesting what you find, or find out.  I have often been surprised what clubs or venues are near others.  Or what little gems are just down the pike.  Today LL was doing a massive rolling restart, and my home sim was down.  So when I logged in to change I had to find someplace I could stand around half naked while I worked out what I wanted to wear. 

I ended up picking a cute little frock from .dots4, costs 1L.  This is one of my recent finds on SL Marketplace.  It's mesh and unusual that it is not "hollow" so folks can not look up your skirt, even if it is short.  Instead the bottom is given a vague shadowy texture.  It comes sized for a pretty wide range of avis, and even comes with what I think is a alpha set for the folks who have gone to fully mesh avatars.  Something I am not ready for, and I don't know even if I like the idea.  Anyway, after finally dressing, I just took a walk down the road on Zindra (I figured adult sims don't care so much about your state of undress while dressing) where I had ended up to dress for the day.

I found this very cool little steampunk styled bar called the Iron Crow.  It's got single and couple dance machines, and the public can even change the music stream!  So it's a great place to take your honey bunneh for a dance and chat.  There was nary a soul about when I was there, so likely a pretty secluded place.

After checking out this place, I went on down the road.  Finding myself outside of such "infamous" places as Dark Delights new shop, Lar's, etc.  I also saw a lot of empty parcels.  Some were just flat green expanses, but some had been planted with greenery, or had a building or two.  I applaud those who do something with parcels they are trying to sell, beyond letting them look like a putting green.

Among these, I came across the most lushly overgrown parcel I've ever seen in SL.  In RL you'd need a machete or something to get even a few feet into this overgrown jungle.  But it's a lovely spot, here's a snapshot for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment