Friday, November 9, 2012

Why I like mesh.

As soon as I heard about mesh, I knew three things.  It was going to be a pain in the ass.  It was going to seriously change SL, at least how SL looked.  And, once designers started to get the hang of it, I'd like it.

I can make all sorts of comments.  How it's not quite mature yet.  How it seems to be forcing people to standardize shapes because you can't re-size it.  And, that mesh is not better for everything.  I think designers should really stop trying to make mesh everything.  Instead, work toward figuring out how to make really good mesh SOME things.  All that said, here is a visual, of how SL's fashions have evolved along with yours truly.  From left to right.  All mesh, all prim, mostly clothing layer with a few prims.  And to help compare, skins that I wore in the years listed.


 Nuff Said.



No comments:

Post a Comment