Monday, November 5, 2012

Growing some fur.

One of the communities of SL that has always made me both curious and a bit confused were the furries.  Folks who felt that they were most comfy with avatars that consisted of, to some degree, animal parts.  I have learned that there are "hybrids."  Like the "nekos,"  or cat people of SL.  That many of the furries are "anthropomorphic," a look consisting of some elements of the human and some of the animal.  And there are so called, "ferals."  The latter are avatars that are intended to completely represent a specific animal.

I never really managed to find that part of me that was happy with being furry.  Until recently.  A friend of mine showed up wearing the mesh Blue Galaxy cat avatar and I was very taken with the round, cartoony, yet adorable look.  Then I stumbled across the works of an artist known as Miu.

Miu, Bonk and Jay Naylor are artists that create adorable, yet very adult and sexy, "cartoons."  The character Rio, who I've since found out is an girly male anthro lion, was particularly appealing to me.  Given this recent rush of inspiration I could do no less than create a furry avatar for myself.  I went to the SL market place and spent several hours looking at all the the literally hundreds of options.  Eventually, I narrowed it down to two.  One a mouse, the other a rabbit.  The rabbit was free, so I decided to try it.  If I did not like it, I could always purchase the mouse.

I picked up the mesh rabbit avatar, and fell in love.  It was almost the same size as my human avatar, so many clothing items could be traded back and forth.  Also, I've always loved Bugs Bunny, and looking like his femboi nephew is a pretty cool thing in my book!  So, here they are, my new furry look, and Rio, Miu's creation and my inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment