Monday, November 5, 2012

Ladyboy Look

I've had various comments over time as I've bounced around SL.  And comparing my avatar to others, I seem short, skinny, flat and dark skinned.  I have received comments saying I looked "black."  I have received many comments saying I seemed boyish.  Well, my only reply is that I tried, within the limits I found imposed by a very tight Linden budget and the other constraints put on me by the way Second Life renders and warps the avatars in it.  I hoped to emulate and honor those lovely creatures of Thailand, but there is only so much I can do with the tools at hand. 

Given that, I feel I have done credibly.  I set out, on deciding not to have a male avatar, to create a look that was as close to the etherealy attractive transgenders often called "Kathoey."  Thai "transvestites."  But, since I am not overly familiar with Thai culture, I wanted to look a bit "mixed."  To that end, over time, I have put together a look that I feel is very much "me."  Below are pictures of my avatar, and some of Thai transgenders that inspired me.  I hope you agree, I have managed a credible job given the constraints.


No comments:

Post a Comment