Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mesh goes whole body.

I've become a fan of mesh clothes, for the most part anyway.  And to some extent, mesh hair.  But I'm not sure mesh bodies are quite ready for the prime time.  First of all, they need to work with mesh clothing makers to fit standards.  I'm not going to tie myself to a single builder for every piece of clothing. Also, there is the issue with everyone not only being shaped the same, but also having pretty much the same small set of faces.  I have seen some mesh bodies that allow you to keep using your system head, so you can still look like you from the neck up, but I don't think that is the final, or best solution.

Never the less, I decided to explore the options and tried out some free and low priced mesh bodies, at under 400L for several shapes, skin tones, clothing, SDK and two different mesh heads.  It is possible I would be more impressed with the expensive ones, but in my experience in SL, once you achieve a certain level, price becomes as much a mater of prestige as of practical benefit.  With that in mind I purchased a modestly expensive mesh body that came with an SDK allowing you to modify the skin and a small set of clothing.  This was in addition to several different shapes. Even one that was ostensibly male, though I would more accurately describe it as flat chested with booty. Over all, I found the new mesh body interesting, even attractive in some ways.  I tried out the rather chesty "D Cup" version of the shape, and I will tell you this, it attracts horny men much more than my usual small or flat androgynous shape.

The builder also sells several sets of clothing in various fashions for between 10-50L.  So clothing for this avatar is not expensive.  But the avatar does not fit standard mesh clothes.  So the wardrobe is limited.  On a happy note, prim and mesh hair, and shoes, work fine with it.

The image included here is of me wearing the D cup shape, included clothing, mesh hair from another vendor and prim boots from ADN.  The picture is as usual taken at Pair A Dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment