Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Late Night Sock Hop

Been having a lot of insomnia lately.  Which leaves me often in mental state where SL is about the right speed.  Not too demanding, but not so mind numbing that I get restless.  Some of the things I do in SL when in that sort of mood are explore and go clubbing.  Lately been visiting the Touch of Pleasure club quite a bit.  The decor is considerably more muted than most clubs, and the music has been pretty consistently classic rock.  The strippers...Not why I'm there, but as such go they are a pretty nice bunch.  Another place I still visit is Lar's.  Still pretty risque, still very tongue in cheek, but they consistently have good DJs.

Here's a snap shot at each place.  I'm wearing my Wailing Bunny shirt, old favorite hair, big goofy glasses, freebie shorts from the Hair Fair, socks & sneakers.  What I thought was a casual and not very sexy outfit.  Interestingly enough, I got way more flirty IMs that night than I usually do.

Rocking out at Lar's

 Dancing with DJ Luke and his fan club at T. O. P.

This outfit has a lot of elements in common with my newest profile image.  Which incidentally, also seems to have spurred more IMs to me.  Or at least gotten mentioned in more of them.   Here's the new picture for your consideration.  I played with the lighting a lot.  I was very happy how it worked out, but the play of light and shadow made me think of a quote from one of my old favorite TV shows, so I put that in as well.  There is much about me, especially my virtual self, which is neither black, nor white. So grey seemed doubly apropos.  Sadly, the SIM where it was taken has already gone away...

No comments:

Post a Comment